Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Day In the Life


I keep hesitating to give you a post of purely my thoughts, but here it goes. I know most of you must laugh at the simpleness of my posts. I hope that's the case. The purpose of this blog(or fb page for now) is to show you how natural it is to homeschool. It's really not much more than the parenting you do now. People always ask me how I do it, so I thought I would start doing some posts about our days.

Yesterday was a particularly messy day. #4 woke in the night having breathing troubles. I stayed in bed with him until he woke up that morning which was after the other kids were up. When we went downstairs #1 had made breakfast for everyone on his own. He made 2 kinds of eggs and had seasoned them perfectly. A big development! The babe's breathing issues continued throughout the day so he got the majority of my attention. The kid's schooling for the day included reviewing the American revolution through videos, studying archeology and prepping for our dino dig, and lots and lots of reading. That day was a definite sick day, but the kids were still learning. They didn't really even need me. The thing is, if you surround them with good things and give them the freedom to act on there own, learning will just happen. One of the best surprises about homeschooling is that it's not really about schooling. It's about learning. Learning happens in all shapes and sizes.

I have a list of questions that I am frequently asked that I will start answering soon. Feel free to send me a message if there is something you're curious about!

No comments:

Post a Comment