Saturday, January 25, 2014

Live, Laugh, Love

This past year I have really relaxed my critiques and judgements about my children. Sometimes comments and looks from others can embarrass us and lead to harsh reactions that our children don't deserve. 

We take our children to fancy restaurants that most kids don't frequent and they are usually really well behaved because they know they have to be. Often times an adult will approach us and complement their behavior and while I graciously smile and accept the complement, part of me is laughing because I can only imagine the same person's reaction to the sudden outburst I know they are capable of. I much more appreciate the friendly smile or kind words in the grocery store when my kids are blocking the isle with their tiny grocery cart or screaming because they REALLY didn't want me to put back the sugar cereal they picked out.

When you home school, you're choosing to be with your kids longer than most people, and it helps to remember that they're kids. Take a deep breathe, adjust your vision of the situation, and smile. Here's something to help you laugh at yourself so you can love your kids more...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/more-us-children-being-diagnosed-with-youthful-ten,248/

No comments:

Post a Comment