Saturday, January 25, 2014

This is honestly one of the best things I've done as a parent. These are our chore assignments...for the year. By the end of the year, they will nearly be experts at their particular chore. For instance, at any moment I can ask #2 to empty the dishwasher(her chore last year) and she can do it perfectly in no time at all. She can also train #3 as she has taken her duty over for 2014. Instead of me having to retrain them every other week because of frequent rotating, they keep at it and really learn it. This is essential for children this young(8,6,4) to really be a help to the family.

Is this the only thing they do to help around the house? Of course not. The kitchen is, however, the most used room in the house and the one that causes the most grief if not kept up with. The other ways they help out are more personal responsibilities. We'll save that for another day...

As much as I hate being burdened by housework, I can't function in a messy house. I'm trying to solve this as painlessly as possible for all of us. This part of the plan is definitely a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment