Saturday, January 25, 2014

Reading Incentives

One of the greatest things you'll find out about homeschooling is that there is not much your children have to miss out on. When I decided I wanted to home school my children, there were a few nostalgic activities I wanted them to enjoy that I loved from my childhood. The good news is is that almost all opportunities offered to public schools are also offered to homeschooling families!
Right now we are participating in a reading program to win free tickets to our local baseball and hockey teams. The children have to read a certain amount of books based on their grade level to receive the tickets. Talk about a great way to get your kids reading! We have also participated in Pizza Hut's reading program which offers a free personal pan monthly when children complete their reading assignments.

Comment below if you are interested in links to various reading promotions available to homeschoolers!

No comments:

Post a Comment